Wednesday 19 September 2012

Scream If You Wanna Go Faster!

I read this recently, posted by Micheal Fox, Shoes of Prey CEO:
http://www.22michaels.com/2012/09/the-startup-rollercoaster.html

And it got me thinking.....

If running a start-up feels like a roller-coaster, I am at that point where it pauses after a loop-the-loop. It gives you a moment to breathe and feel anxious about what's next. Then it hurtles away again, continuing the crazy ride. I'm pausing because I'm waiting for stuff to arrive (sample chairs, beta site, marketing materials etc)  And I'm not very good at waiting.

It also feels like shouting in a closed room; no-one can hear you.  Or dancing behind a curtain; no-one can see you.


Since February I've been working, scheming, planning to bring the world its first interactive, design-your-own-chair shopping experience. And no-one can hear or see any of it. It can be a lonely experience.

Very soon, I can open the door, drop the curtain and let the world hear and see everything. Thursday November 1st is when I host the launch party for My Bespoke Chair. Followed by one-on-ones with the media.

Until then, I'll be marketing, arranging PR, setting up photography shoots for the sample chairs, tweaking supply, delivery and payment chains, testing the beta site, planning the launch party.... hoping I don't die from the ride.

If you want to receive FREE design advice, special offers and news from me at My Bespoke Chair, SIGN UP here
www.mybespokechair.com
www.22michaels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment